How to apply

Applying with international school-leaving or university certificates

There is a separate application process for students applying with foreign credentials, regardless of their citizenship.

Specific academic qualifications are required to study at an institute of higher education in Germany. Formal admission criteria are the same throughout Germany and are based on the specifications of the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZaB) located in Bonn, as well as the Hessian Ministry for Science and the Arts. In its anabin database, ZaB publishes information on how school and educational qualifications are evaluated. This information is currently available in German only.

The application procedure depends on the individual program. For some programs, you have to apply through Uni-Assist, some other programs allow a direct application at the faculty. Please check the corresponding webpage of the program for the correct application process.