Libraries in Darmstadt
The university library consists of the Zentralbibliothek and four branch libraries at sites in Darmstadt and Dieburg. The collection comprises about 300,000 volumes and over 800 publications as well as a rapidly growing number of electronic resources.
Becoming a user
All h_da students can apply for a library ticket and borrow materials from all libraries for free. To apply for a library ticket you will need:
- Proof of your h_da student status (matriculation card, letter of appointment) and
- Proof of address (ID card or passport in combination with the registration form from the local resident registration office or a tenancy agreement).
Please inform the library if you lose your library ticket or change your address!
For further information please check the library website.
Catalogues and Services
All materials (books, journals, electronic resources etc.) can be found in the online catalogue.
- The link Ausleihkonto gives you access to your individual user account so you can check your outstanding loans, fines, or address details, and renew items as needed. Log in using the number on your library ticket and use your date of birth (ddmmyy) as the initial password. For security reasons please change your password once you have received your library ticket.
- A number of databases and electronic journals can be searched campus-wide free of charge. Additional details are available at the information desks.
- You will also find useful links to other library resources in Darmstadt, Germany and around the world.
Phone: +49 (0) 6151 16 38781